Sunday, February 20, 2022

Converting One Vertex Folding into JS

I was revisiting my earlier One-Vertex Origami Folding project. The project was originally written in Mathematica and presented on the Wolfram Demonstrations project. Previously I began porting some of its functionality into 3D, which I documented on this blog!.

I've recently been working on updating this project - converting it into Javascript so that it can one day run easily online without requiring someone to download Mathematica or the Wolfram CDF player. Hopefully I'll finish implementing 3D functionality at some point soon (probably with WebGL) and it will be able to do 3D simulation online!


This time around I'm also trying to make the implementation more extensible so that the core infrastructure can be used in a much larger project like recreating Oripa.

The github repo of this project is public in case anybody wants to poke around or take a look: https://github.com/anugrahchemparathy/OrigamiToyProjects.

In the meantime here's a video of the basic functionality for computing the flat folding edge. I know the UI is very simple, but those are cosmetic improvements that can be finished later.

I'll try to update this blog with developments under the "Programming" label.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring 2024

 I haven't updated this blog in so long. I guess I'm graduating from college soon which I have a lot of feelings about. Hopefully I ...